Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Miserable Weather

It's cold and it's dark and it's wet and the clocks are going back this weekend, so it's going to be even more cold and more dark and more wet. Why oh why do the clocks have to change? It gets dark naturally anyway! And do other countries change? Anyone know? Or is it just stupid old Britain? I think the latter.

Ok, a small catch up of photographs taken over the last fortnight:

That famous view from Greenwich Park - in a hazy day or is that just smog?

Queen Anne's House from that same point using my incredible zoom!

Sir Christopher Wren's Naval College - now part of Greenwich University

Sunny side

Shadow side

The Painted Hall

I wasn't sure if I could take photos - so that's why it's so blurred (I was in a hurry!)

The chapel and random woman

The Greenwich foot tunnel

Soft toy Reindeer in London department store for sale at £3750!

I thought they had scrapped all the old Routemasters from London?

Home on the train across Charring Cross bridge

Not too keen on the building - just liked the light!

Quite liked this building though

Think I have a fetish for cranes! Well, it's better then pylons . . .

Greenwich Park Red Deer

Friend crow

Best friend: 'Speckled Jim or Jane'

Feeding time

I'll definitely be back when it's colder to feed my friends

Of course they wouldn't leave us alone

Follow the leader!

Nice car

Perfect colour

The circus has come to Blackheath

Must be one of the oldest running circus's in the country

Ok, nothing much to report. Only that on TV tonight is a programme about Devon otters filmed right by us, near Torrington, on the river Torridge. So am going to immerse myself in the West for 50 mins via the Natural World on BBC2.
Click here to read about the Tarka Country, river Torridge, Devon

Night all,

Emy xxx

5 comments:

tuckmac said...

Just so's you know...

The U.S. does that whole "Summer time" thing too. Supposedly it's an "energy saver" thing. I don't really get it either. Of course, you're returning to GMT, so, in reality it's going back to normal... Which would be: "cold/dark" and icky.

I'm not fond of the time change either, as now it's dark when I go to work, and dark before I come home. Gah!

Nice pics!
--Tucker

Anonymous said...

Nice photos, but where is the photo that has me in it...?! :)

Unknown said...

Well I never put friend pictures on anymore just in case I get complaints! As I have in the past . . .

And why aren't my comments showing? As in '2 comments' supposed to '0 comments'?

Anonymous said...

Yap that 'comment' thingy happened to me once, and you asked me to be patience, remember? lol!!

I meant can you send that photo to me, cos I still haven't seen it yet...

Going to bed now, maybe catch up with you tomorrow... :)

Unknown said...

Yes, but this is getting silly now - Tucker's message was left 3 days ago and the comments are still not coming up. I would understand if it was doing it if I had only just started blogger - but I've been here now since Feb!

:(