Monday, October 02, 2006

I Will Be Back To Normal Soon - If I Was Ever Normal

Oh dear, Autumn is here - it's getting cold and the leaves are starting to turn. My cold is much better although I've given it to my folks, whoops.

Devon is planned for the beginning of next month as we're going to a private view on 31st, more about that when I get the details.

So I can't paint. Well, I can - on paper and in my small studio here - but over the last few days I've been so ill that it has been hard to even consider it. I feel so stiff and tired, it's not fair.

So, here's a short poem I composed in my drug infused mind the other day high on Beechams for my symptons, a homage to Spike Milligan:

Francis Bacon ate eggs
to strengthen his legs
Vincent Van Gogh ate
only potatoes
While Pablo Picasso ate
pickles and peas
and the paint that
splashed on his knees

If you can't paint it, write it - that's my motto.

E xxx

No comments: