Friday, October 06, 2006

Turning Back Time

To February 2005 Abernethy RSPB Reserve, Scotland

Welcome to a new series of old photographs which were taken before I started this blog - plus as I haven't been out to take new pictures I feel my posts have been looking rather dull without pictures - don't you think?

Before the pictures - I did manage to leave the house today, twice in fact. One to go to a computer shop as my Dad broke my Epson printer today - Oh my lovely Epson printer - and so we had to take it to be fixed and then we went out after lunch to see my grandmother in her nursing home, she's a lot brighter, although she can't talk and she sleeps all day. She knew we were there but she didn't smile and just starred at us in a dull fashion. It's not really a memory I'd like to keep for her - but I had to see her.

So photos:



The cairngorm mountains in the background

Part of the ancient Caledonian Forset


The sun was so strong that day and the camera loved it!




This week and next week the BBC are doing Autumn Watch - the same as Spring Watch which was filmed at Fishleigh in Devon (where my Scots Pines are planted) This time they're in Lancanshire and Simon King is up on the Isle of Mull off the coast of Scotland covering the Red deer rut - very exciting - BELIEVE ME IT IS! I saw loads of Red deer in Scotland - actually they're a menace as they eat all the young pine saplings, but very beautiful all the same. Bill Odie is his same annoying self and Kate Humble is just great, I'd love her as my big sister!

Everyone have a great friday night,

Em xxx

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice collection of the photos - very fitting to the Christmasy atmosphere... Hope you've managed to get your printer fixed... :)