Saturday, October 14, 2006

A Few Canaries And Other Birds

Just a quickie tonight as I've been starring at this screen most of the day - sorting out my website details to give to my friend Andy when I see him tomorrow, oh that and dusting and cleaning - the usual things I do on a Saturday and my back is aching something rotten, So photos: Canary Wharf from last weekend and Elmley Islands RSPB reserve with my Dad the other day:

Docklands










One Canada Place





Road bridge over the Medway River of Kent

Another bridge over the Medway

On the bridge

Industrial landscape

Slight problem going over the cattle grid!


Elmley Island RSPB Reserve

Met a few cows

They wished us good day

And was happy enough to have pictures taken!

A typical bird hide for birders or twitchers

was not once a typical bird, now very much is - a Little Egrit

Not much going on


Or here - but what a sight!

Well from over 500 cows and 200 strong flock of Lapwings, a few geese and curlews, there was not much else. But perfect day. Sun shone ALL the time.

Emy xxx

No comments: