Thursday, April 12, 2007

Warm Spring Sunshine

Well, I'm a little behind right now with items in the news - items in the news which disgust me that is, but then the news always disgusts. Glad I cleared that up. Over the last few days, these are the items which have caught my attention:

Hot cross banned: Councils decree buns could be 'offensive' to non-Christians. If it's not one thing it's another. Every Christian holiday fulls victim to one of these pointless criticisms. I've really had enough. Note: I can't actually find the recent article - as this article above is a few years old - although I'm sure they copy and paste in into newspapers every year around this time.

Now 2 news items surrounding the Olympics - one I actually felt physically sick while watching footage of an eight year old Chinese girl training with her dad every evening in Beijing, while he spouting Hitler quotations to her and she singing nursery rhymes to herself - it was pitiful. She runs a marathon every day - her Dad pushing her so she can win gold medals and even her, herself wanting to do it. Beginning at 3am every morning. Read the article here.

This one is funny - WW11 bomb risk to Olympic site - there maybe a risk as 1,500 bombs were dropped in east London and 200 failed to detonate and unfortunately most of them are in the 500 acre site. So if we all hear a few large explosions over the next few days least we know where they're coming from!

Anyway the trees are coming out, the cherry blossom is blooming and the sun is warm. Devon soon, actually Devon up and down for a long time - but I don't mind that. The wheels are definitely in motion - all is well (so far).

These were some of the last pictures I took in Devon - only 2 and a half weeks ago - although it feels like months. Devon is always behind London (the South) so hopefully when I'm there I'll be seeing and appreciating the trees & flowers more so then here - as I've missed most of it here with my ever lingering cold.




Lungwort in the garden

Ivy berries

Hedge Woundwort

Tomorrow I'll post photos from London - the days when I have managed to go out, take pics, see friends and more of that next week.

Emy xxx

No comments: