Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Devon Is GLORIOUS

Ok folks, it is. It's full of nature - as in packed full. As you can see:

First of all, the whole garden is humming - as the oil seed rape is full of honey bees, flies & hover flies - amazing - never heard the likes!

But it's AMAZING! Even on a cloudy day - it's beautiful

There are violets in the hedgerow and:


Speedwell


Greater Stitchwort

Buttercups

Red Campion

Bluebells

Bluebells - but white

The apple blossom about to bloom

Marsh Marigolds in the pond

Forget-me-not's in the pot

Tulip's in the barrel

A very tame pheasant called 'Rooney'

Who stands by my feet wanting seed, more seed!

An Orange tip Butterfly - side on - I'll try and capture one with it's wings open


If it ever stays still for long enough

Yellow cottage





Bodmin moor the other day

I saw no 'Beast of Bodmin' or 'Bob' as he's called!

Although I did hear my first 'Cuckoo' haven't heard once since Scotland in June, 2 years ago



A field somewhere near Exeter - went to look at a property

A quiet Devon country lane near Bondleigh

And finally the first in my series - Julia in Bodmin

Yes, Julia will feature in a new series named 'Julia in . . .' as Julia is living the life she always wanted - she has now motored over 500 miles since we came on Saturday - probably a sixth of her life in 4 days! She has been reborn!

Got to go - have fun, one and all

Em xxx


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very beautiful. I love the vibrant colors.