Friday, April 20, 2007

And Back to Devon Again . . .

Yes, early tomorrow, with a friend and a van full of stuff, my Dad, me & my little car Julia. Then Dad will leave me on Thursday and I will be working hard on my own for a good fortnight. One small problem. I still have this darn cold - which I haven't been able to shake off for 3 weeks. Oh bugger.

Ok, here are some pictures from my past - all taken last weekend, but from a place I grew up in - our old road, old haunts & old Victorian house - just the outside mind. When we left that place, that was when we left London, not now, now I can handle - but I couldn't back then.

Blackheath Village



Greenwich Park on Sunday - it was packed!!!

Vanbrugh Castle - opposite the park gates - designed & lived in by John Vanbrugh himself - he designed Castle Howard, used for the Granada production of 'Brideshead Revisited'

Walking up Westcombe Park - getting near now

Same road - note the beautiful/sublime Victorian houses

Here we are - my lovely old road in the sun

Apparently everyone wants to live here now :(


The view of houses I knew so well

And my house - 'Prospects' is it's name - can you guess which one it is?


Did you guess right?!

Looking from what was one our parking spaces down the other end of the road

The view from my friend Shirley's back garden

Greenwich Power Station

Shirley's famous Flag Irises

Bluebell proper - none of your Belgium rubbish!

A lovely furry branch! lol

Almond Blossom - but I still reckon it's Cherry!

Camilla? I'm not good with flowering bushes

Ok, things to do, more packing to be done - I seem to live my whole life now in and out of bags, boxes & suitcases. One day I'll NEVER EVER have to do this again!

Emy xxxxxxxx

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

the last flower is an azalea.