Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Spring is in the Air

Hey everyone, well, I feel slightly better and so does the weather - as you'll see from the photos - but heavy winds and rain are/is (never know which) on the way, so tomorrow I may 'relapse' with the weather - sorry, I've had wine and all that and Vicks has gone to my head, plus I have to do this now as the Brit Awards are on tonight with 'live' performances (yes, LIVE!!! The Brits are 'live' tonight - yet Noel Gallagher is collecting an award, watch out ITV, do you think he's going to be good tonight?!) Now, where was I? Oh yes, live performances of The Killers, Scissor Sisters & Amy Winehouse - great stuff, so the blog has to be done now, now, now, NOW!!!! As I have lovely photos of my first walk outside the cottage since Saturday - when you're ill you turn into a hermit and when your an outside person like me you tend to go a little mad stuck inside all day, every day! Ok readers! Photos!!!!:

Ok, I definitely have a 'thing' for snowdrops - I love them and I love this time of year!

Hibernating snail in garden wall - sweet dreams

And another picture of our lovely old wall and moss - got a thing for old walls and moss!

Now when the gorse is in season, so is kissing - that's the closest I'm getting to Valentine's Day!

The Scots Pine still standing strong - for now . . .

Fresh new buds on the hedge-row

The three trees

Looking through the hedge

My very own beauty - my Grace

Scots pine make great shadows too

If someone asked me what makes Devon so special? The landscape? The wildlife? The people? The colours? The animals? Actually it's the sky!!!

And it's SO GREEN this time of year (please, no more rain!)

Although the clouds say 'all change'

The cottage needs a bit of white paint!

From the end of the garden

The new bird box - any takers? Watch this space . . .

The first true sign of Spring - tree catkins

And a classic winter sunset

Definitely need to paimt tomorrow!

And now I run to the Brits!

Lots of love,

Emy xxxxx xxxx xxx xx x

No comments: