Tuesday, February 13, 2007

I'm As ill As The Weather

Hey, well, I feel just like the weather, cold - shivering a lot, wet - runny nose and night sweats plus constant sneezing, windy - dizzy, swaying around the room, foggy - well, yeah, foggy head and depressed - yes, very, I have a bad cold and that does give you a depression. I've been ill since Saturday and the weather has been ill the 3rd day we got here, hopefully my illness is leaving me although the weather isn't. It just constantly rains and not that it's cold, it's just grim, windy and relentless. Thing is I have to be well by Friday as Andy is coming to stay for a long weekend and ironically he's had a cold too (hope you're feeling better now A). So being ill, so doing no painting and so being bored. Alhtough I've caught up with my reading and also my sleep.

I can't add much more as it's late and my feet are freezing and my head is swimming again. The only slight glimmer of hope is that I've been using some great medication this time, not Lemsip (hate the taste) or Beechams but 'First Defense' by Vicks. Ok, so it doesn't stop the cold dead, it doesn't cure it really but it dulls the symptons. Usually by now I'll be having a hacking cough and would have lost all sense of smell and taste, but this little inhaler defeats that and it's good and I recommend it to anyone. Read the label, follow the instructions and you're away. Touch wood this won't ruin it now, now I've raved on about it, I'll probably feel like shit tomorrow.

Oh and another glimmer of hope, this time over TV programmes. The excellent 'Life on Mars' has returned to the BBC tonight, for unfortunately it's final series, but it's good, it's SO good. It's a detective drama with a twist, starring John Simms, a detective is hit by a car in 2003 and wakes up in 1973 - watch it! You won't be disappointed and take a look at the BBC page about it. Plus I love that car!

Ok folks, I'm beginning to sneeze over my computer screen and that's so not nice!

Goodnight xxxxx xxxx xxx xx x

No comments: