Friday, February 23, 2007

Rain Is Being Rained and Paintings are Being Painted and That's A Very Bad Title

Hello all. I have not much to report since I last blogged, only my friend Andy had a great time last weekend at the cottage, the weather was terrible, as you'll see from the photos, but it was a good time nonetheless:

View from Torrington car park over the Torridge Valley

Same view to the right with the river Torridge below

Torrington church stained glass - I have a thing for stained glass - I have things for most!

Herring Gulls at Hartland Quay

Rocks below at Hartland Quay

St Morwenna and St John the Baptist Church, Morwenstow, Cornwall

Church bells still rung


Church tower & Andy taking a picture

Looking down from the cliff top, Morenstow

See you can't always see the horizon! (well, a bit of it!)

The sun came out a few miles over there!

We walked to the end of that cliff!

I've seen Grey Seals in the past, today we were accompanied by a flock of Fulmars

Andy looking the part on the cliff top!

The day after a walk across the fields in the gloom & the rain

Still beautiful though

A perfect puddle reflection!

Snowdrops in and around the badger set

One wind blasted tree - can see the gap it's left from bathroom window

And the next day (Monday) it rained again!

Sheep & lambs are used to it anyway

Love her woolly hat!!!!

For some reason the Exeter gallery contract was lost in the post to London so I phoned up the other day and the gallery manager sent me a new one, so all signed and sent and now I need to do 12-14 pieces, I have around 4 paintings good to go already but I need to do a lot more and so the good news is that I've started painting and so far so good I haven't come against any brick walls - yet. Although having not painted for so long I forget how hard it is and how much time and effort it takes just to paint one canvas let alone 14! Least I have a range of sizes to play around with and quite a few to use so I can just make a selection at the end of our stay here - which is fast approaching yet again, only 3 and a half weeks left - a lot to some, a tiny amount to me. Oh well c'est la vie!

By the way, can someone remind me never, EVER to buy European Trance from itunes! It was only £5 but boy is it lame! The first tune is fine but the rest 8 (yeah, 8) are nasty. I think my clubbing days are catching up on me, as in, I think I'm getting old as the Trance tracks I used to listen and dance like a maniac to are far, far superior to anything that is released today! Dear God, turning into one of those annoying people who preach their life away saying that music and everything was better when they were young!

Now I must love you and leave as my eyes are closing rapidly and I need my sleep to wake up tomorrow with my imagination and creative juices flowing - it has all been going too well these last few days - I'm afraid, very afraid. Help.

Emy xxxxx xxxx xxx xx x

No comments: