Saturday, December 02, 2006

DEVIL WITHIN . . . & Goodbye to the West

Ok, last night in Devon and the first time I'm typing this post on broadband - which didn't work for 4 days and 4 days worth of calls to the BT technical support in . . . India! Every single person I spoke to was Indian and many times I disn't understand their accent. It was a nightmare. It was only our wonderful techncian Graham Allen who put it right - the phone line hasn't been right since the lightening and yesterday the god's were smiling down on me and it started working. Thank God. But a shame as I'm off back to London tomorrow and won't enjoy the peace of mind and pleasure of Broadband in Devon - of course I have it in London but then that goes without saying!

We've definitely had a busy 4 weeks in the West which is noted by the lack of posts I've done. We've seen all our friends, been to a few of the places we had earmarked to go to and enjoyed the beastly weather (beastly? Yes, a wonderful word and should make a come back in the English language). It's definitetly a lot colder tonight, winter has come at last.

So pictures from the last few days:

Grey skies - the same sight for the last 2 weeks

Our yard and my wooden studio after a brisk shower

Anvil clouds from the bathroom window

The crops in the field this time are Oilseed Rape - so will be bright yellow in Spring

David taking the cut branches away from under the tree!

Sunset at Barnstable with palm trees

Possibly the worst Art Deco building in the country in Barnstable

My last walk today across the field - and the first time I had seen the sun for days

My beautiful pine trees

When the gorse is in season so is kissing!

Note the storm clouds

Classic winter scene and what is on my desk top right now

Red & gold & green & blue & white & yellow . . .

I'm going to miss the full moon!!!!!

Picture perfect - the pine and the moon

I don't want to leave . . .

Please can I stay . . .

Intense blue

Mmmmmm, the cottage needs a paint!

The best place on earth

And 'our' beautiful pine

That old gate picture


Our friend David told my Dad to night that the weather is turning bad. Gusts of up to 80mph are meant to be hitting the region over night and if that's the case then we may have to go back on Monday. . . .

Right, I conjure up hell and high water, battering gales and lashing rain . . . All the wicked colours, dark reds and dark blues, slate grey and flashing yellows and pinks - I want the trees swaying, the hedges groaning, the telegraph wires howling - I don't want to go tomorrow, I want another day in my paradise - So COME WIND, COME RAIN, COME ALL - let the wind hit the land, let the rain flood the fields - LET IT ALL COME, ALL HELL, ALL EVIL, ALL MADNESS, LET IT RIP THE WEST APART - and let me stay one extra day . . . Yeah, like heck it will, I wish I had magic powers sometimes . . . ! (my devil within)

Oh flip - back to London, London for Christmas, oh and Happy December everyone, this year has gone too fast. London for shopping, London for a Christmas tree, London for Waitrose shopping, London for all joys & Christmas cheer, London for carol singing . . . No woodburner, no freshly picked holly in the wood, no beautiful skies and crisp, misty mornings, no wide open spaces and no peace and quiet. No nothing . . . All I want to shout is: I'm NOT a Londonner, GET ME OUT OF HERE!!!!! See you all soon.

Emy xxx

1 comment:

tuckmac said...

Winter has come? Man... You people.

;-)

No, seriously... My entire country is suffering an early "cold-snap" with temps here in the Twin Cities hovering around -12°C for a high temp! Personally... I wish it would snow. There's something about a good coating of white that makes the cold temps worth it. But as for now, we're still in our drought, and it's just really cold and BROWN! Gah!

Sorry that you're moving back to London for Christmas. Personally... The description that you wrote about London and the holiday season, sounded JUST DIVINE!

Gah!

No... Fiona and I are back into my mother's house for the next two months. Gah!

But February is RIGHT around the corner... And a beautiful artist-loft flat is a-waitin'!

Hope to see you "on-line" more often now that both of us are back to our "broad-band" connections.

Smiles!

-- T