Friday, December 08, 2006

Congratulations to My Dad!!!!!

But first, Erm, I'm a bit afraid with this new blogger version - I haven't clicked on it yet, only because I don't know my google account information - has anyone done it yet? What's it like?

Anyway, yes, congratulations to my Dad, he has now become 'one of us' and has bought a MacPowerbook - well, we all chipped in a bit and I bought him iwork which looks far superior to Microsoft, is it? This brand spanking new laptop replaces his ancient 25 year old Toshiba which is on it's final legs and still uses one of the first operating systems - Word Perfect. We haven't set it up yet, as we were in Bluewater all day yesterday Christmas shopping and have been so stiff and sore today that setting up a new laptop sounded too exhausting, regardless if it was an Apple or not. We bought it in the Apple shop - one of the last customers of the day - the shop was shutting at 10 - we got there at 9:50, my mum and I filled up on wine from dinner and a little worse for wear - and so I was more forward then usual and fired off a dozen questions to the poor unsuspecting sales assisstant - or Mac Genius's as they're called unfortunately destroying that fact wearing silly little santa hats! Anyway, this guy was so enthusiastic about it all and wanted to show us everything - but I was worried about the time, it was 10:15 when we finally bought it and as we left I couldn't wipe the grin off my face, my Dad has now joined the masses, grown up (lol) and moved with the times and I am to be the one who's going to teach him!

I managed to do 90% of my Christmas shopping yesterday (still need to go to Canterbury and Covent Garden) but most of it's done. Yes, this is a chesse supreme sandwich blog today! Well, kind of, as I still can't believe a tornado hit North West London yesterday - the BBC pages for that and Times Online to read the stories. Practically a whole road was taken out. Really frightening it happening so close to home. I think we saw the cloud yesterday, because as soon as we got into John Lewis the heavens opened and there was a mighty flash and bang of thunder and it poured. People were watching the storm from inside the cafe, mesmorised. My spelling is awful tonight, I really do apologise - I must do something about it.

My gran as usual is on her way out. I think it might be it this time. While she was at Kings hospital a few months back, being 92 (now 93) old and frail and ill she has caught the famous hospital bug - MRSA - which is appparently rife at Kings and she is now slowly wasting away in her bed, with not much to comfort her and no memory of her family who come and see her. She just looks at us blankley and falls asleep again. It's a really sad state of affairs and of course there is no cure and how long she is going to survive, I can not tell you. Though I can see us attending her furneral either before or straight after Christmas. Grim I know, sorry.

And on that sad note - I'm really hungover still - I must go and collaspe in a heap somewhere.

Emy xxx

No comments: