Saturday, December 23, 2006

Where Is Christmas?

Is it me? Or is Christmas taking a hell of a long time to come? I suppose having done and finished the shopping for it so early didn't help - also the Christmas tree has been up for 10 days now and still no sign of Christmas. And I unlike many of my friends, love Christmas but frankly I'm getting bored now, and the stress is beginning to show as I've had bad headaches and haven't been able to sleep at nights - or that I'm so tired and I sleep in the same position the whole night (as I did last night) and wake up stiff! My Mum at this moment is making her Christmas Ice cream and icing her cake. My Dad is off visiting his Mum in the home and I'm wandering around the house feeling bored.

Over the last 5 days or so England has been comsumed in fog. So much so that Heathrow was in a crisis, thousands of people going away for Christmas, stranded at the airport and because of this there has been no planes going over. Usually there's around 40 every hour right over our house, but the air has been silent and clean - fresher and the little tv downstairs is working perfectly as before the pictures were awful however much moving of the aerial and maybe it was the planes causing the problem. But now they're back - there's one coming over now - and the picture is rubbish again. It's cold and dull today - I haven't seen the sun in days.

So one of my famous catch ups with photos:

Our Christmas Tree

Note the paintings!

Canterbury High Street - note the French students with rucksacks!

River Stour flowing through Canterbury

And looking in the opposite direction

The Canterbury Tales pub . . .

Marlowe theatre looking a little worse for wear

. . . And lots of love from Canterbury

Mary's Art Deco party

Myself and old school friend Priya

Least someone made an effort - JP & me

All the HTC girls together - HTC, our closed down school

Myself & Mary - her Mulled wine knocked your socks off and her Sherry Trifle blew your head off - but it was still very nice and I definitely was not sober when I left!

I met Andy last week and that's the scarf I bought him for Christmas

The leaning tower of Big Ben - no that's just my camera skills lol!

The National gallery

Tree and carol singers at Trafalgar Square

Fountain with Houses of Parliment behind

That's all folks.

If I don't get to post before Christmas then I hope you all have a lovely time and drink and eat way too much! I certainly will!

Emy xxx




No comments: