Friday, December 29, 2006

Gothic Cornwall

Ok so I've just switched to the new blogger version. It took me a while as I couldn't remember my google account information - but I did and here I am and I really can't see a difference - yet.

I really don't have any news of such. Christmas was lovely and as it took so long to come it was soon over in a blink of an eye. As is always the case. And now 2006 is drawing to a close and every year I shed a tear or two in it's wake.

So a few links today - always something to fall back on:

Last night I had a dream of Reverend Hawker of Morwenstow in Cornwall, born in 1803. He was an eccentric and used to bring a pig with him to his services. He was the one who created the Harvest festival and his parish was perched on the cliffs over looking the mighty Atlantic where he built a little hut called 'Hawker's Hut' and used to sit there on wild windy evenings watching out for any ships getting into difficulty and if so he would call for help. Click here to read about him. Now, in my dream, it was a wild, bleak day and I was standing in the graveyard for some reason counting the graves when I felt someone standing behind me. He didn't need to tell me who he was because I knew and he seemed to know my name too and he took me round all of the graves telling me stories of each and every one. Unfortunately the wind was so loud and the rain lashing against my face that I couldn't understand most of the words he said and any I did I have forgotten. Why I was there I'm not sure - although I've been there in real life on many occassions and it's gothic and very beautiful, but I haven't been for many years. Also I suppose it could be because for my Dad's Birthday my Mum and I are planning something secret (so don't tell anyone . . .) The vicarage in which Hawker built for himself now does bed and breakfast and Morwenstow, as my Dad has often said, feels like his spiritual home, so I'm planning to book a few nights there (it's all the way in May so I'm still planning) and who knows? The ghost of Hawker may still haunt his old dwelling.

In the news today - 'Housework can help you beat breast cancer, women told' Right, here we go, I'm sure it's true but why only breast cancer? Well it's only a ploy to get women exercising more - it's not only the housework that helps, it's all types of exercise - housework just get women's attention and in this day and age I get angry over that, the little women staying at home to cook and clean when the man goes out and makes a living. Bullshit now. I'm not going to take this any further.

Right, enough of that, I'm off!

I will be back to normal soon.

Emy xxx

No comments: