Saturday, November 25, 2006

Water Water Everywhere and Why I Don't Like Lightening Anymore

I want to be right here - overlooking the Atlantic Ocean and wave to Tucker and Fi!

Well it has been another week – and don’t worry, I won’t be doing a day by day account, because to be honest (my friend Mary’s favourite saying) not much has gone on – well, apart from our lovely trip to St Ives where we ended up staying over at Ann Kelley’s house – a lovely, talented lady who writes and photographs and has the most amazing view of St Ives and the Atlantic from her house. We had a lovely lunch with our other friends overlooking Porthmear beach – I reckon they have the best view in the land. Pictures:

On the A30, the trees that always remind me of Paul Nash

Cornwall is covered in wind farms

The view from our friend's window - there's a door and a ladder where they climb straight down to the beach - amazing!





Cleo the cat

Yes, it's a cat, a Spinx and he's called Robert and he's lovely!


Very photogenic!

Porthmear Beach

And the ever changing Cornish light





And people still surf this time of year . . .


Their house is with the longest window

Very romanitc

Then a poodle in the sky - aye?

Me after a lot to drink!

Where did that dog come from?

The view of the town from Tate St Ives

One of the famous past residents

The view from Ann's house

We’ve had SO MUCH RAIN! Torrential and more to come and because of that the river Torridge has broken her banks. Fields that were once green and full of sheep are now rivers and lakes of water, and the little town underneath Torrington, Taddiport is a whisker away of being drowned – the bridge has almost been consumed with water. My Dad and I went to see both bridges, the one on the A386 towards Torrington and the Taddiport Bridge earlier today and took film and pictures of the roaring, racing water. What a sight! I’ve seen the river burst her banks before but never on this scale! Our own stream next to the cottage is also racing along and more heavy rain is expected Sunday night.

SO MUCH RAIN

The road into the rain clouds to Torrington

The once sheep field now river

Frightening

My God . . .

Good for aquatic life though



A bit of blue sky - didn't last though

Taddiport

No-one sitting here then!!!!

Swollen


More rain on the way . . .

Dartmoor with sun (well a small patch)



Also why I don’t like lightening anymore – before we came this time the cottage was struck, it blew the fuse in the studio, damaged the telephone line and destroyed the fax machine and horrors upon horrors it’s also done for my brand new DVD player. And we can’t claim it on the insurance as they don’t pay out money for ‘acts of God’ which I think is disgusting and I went out especially to buy the second ‘Pirates of the Caribbean’ on DVD to watch here (and bought loads of canvases) and the damn thing is dead!

Well only a week left now and the studio has been busy! Not over the last couple of days though as I’ve been struck down by the dreaded curse! Plus Broadband is coming on either next Monday or Tuesday! At last!

Anyhow, lots of wet kisses from me in Devon and I hope everyone is all right. And Tucker, of course I’m a cheese blogger, sometimes I just don’t want to waste my dial up time or typing time complaining about my own country and infuriating over issues that I just can’t do anything about, but I’m glad that you or anyone doesn’t mind!

Lots of love,

Emy xxx

1 comment:

tuckmac said...

Again...

LOVE your cheese-blogging. I really do. I'm not being sarcastic! If I were, I'd do this:

[sarcasm]REALLY![/sarcasm]

But I haven't done that!

Miss ya!

-- Tuckmac