Friday, August 18, 2006

I've Been Away From My Post . . . Sorry!

And Dartmoor turned purple . . .

Clouds over corn, near Barnstable



I LOVE this time of year



I hope by now you can recognise this cottage!


Hello, I thought it was high time I posted something on this.

And my excuse for being lazy?

Just busy. Busy painting and busy seeing people and going places, plus also I'm getting sick and tired of dial up and I want broadband, but I can't afford it! Also, perhaps, it's because I was told off by my folks for being too personal on this, certain family members read this and get upset that they haven't been told what's going on. . . like this idea of buying an apartment in Exeter . . . Well, more has happened on that side but I'm not allowed to tell! Sorry.

Roe deer in field, she came out of the woods to take a look at me, as she has a fawn with her and she wanted to know if I was safe. Well, I was but the lampers that night weren't, I didn't hear any shots but I haven't seen her and her little one again. I hope they're ok.

The photographs of the Okehampton show I've decided to put on when I get back to London (either next thursday or sunday) as there ARE SO MANY! And I feel, you, my happy readers are sick to death of agricultural shows! But whatever you feel, last Thursday was a great day and I've never seen such healthy looking animals . . . SO MANY SHEEP! You needed the WHOLE DAY to see them, oh and a rather LARGE bull breaking his rope and galloping around showing his strength, rather frigtening, but he was caught and tied up and told off. I went to see him and patted his head and said that I understood his frustration . . . people looked at me in awe that I had the courage to touch a fearsome looking creature! Oh, alright then, here's a few pictures of him:

My friend Bull

Big baby!

While I'm on the subject of cows there are some now in a field near us, well, rather 17 of them and they're all Heifers (young cows not yet mated with the bull), so these 'virgin' cows are rather frisky and so I stay the 'safe' side of the gate from them. Except last Saturday when I was picking blackberries in their field. Their field is a hill and so at times I can't see them, so I thought I'd be safe picking, glancing behind me every so often and then I didn't and they came running! And when cows run, MY GOD THEY RUN!!!! And not just running, leaping into the air like new born lambs. One thing you must NEVER do is run. So I stayed put and let them come. Of course they stopped dead, unsure what to do next. . . but there's AWAYS one who came more forward then the rest, so I unhurriedly went back over the gate and patted her and gave her some leaves. On Wednesday I went out especially to see them and they completely ignored me! Funny lot.

Oh that's enough about cows or there will be complaints!

I'm good anyway. My painter's block has bitten the dust and I'm producing some good, clean work at the mo (if I do say so myself) and with only a week to go it's a good positive thing.

Lots of love to one and all and I'll come back here properley soon (still with bad spelling, only that the spell check on blogger for Firefox, doesn't work, yet it works on Safari, anyone know why?!)

Emy xxx

2 comments:

tuckmac said...

Hey Em... Long time no blog. It was good to see some more pics, and hear from you again. Yay.

Anyhoo... In answer to your "secrets on the blog" thing... You have to have a "secret" blog that the fam doesn't know about, only your friends. It works for me. ;-)

As to the "spell check" thing. Are you sure you're using "blogger's" spell-check in Safari and not the regular OS X computer's spell-checker? 'Cause I use FireFox, and the blogger spell check works fine, but I MISS Safari and the "Internal Mac Spell Checker." Basically, 'cause I still use British Spelling in my blog, and the Blogger spell-check is in American English, and it drives me NUTS telling me that 'organise' is supposed to be 'organize.'

But then I'm contrary.

Smiles,
T

Unknown said...

You are contrary, it's true and I love you for it!

Well, it is the Firefox spell check . . well, the one on the blogger for firefox and it refuses to open! But as I said the Safari blogger page spellcheck works but as the blogger is MUCH BETTER on firefox i don't use it, so spelling is crap! I don't understand it!

Anyway, I miss you T, why are you never on msn or adium anymore? And especially now as I'll be spending some time at KIAD to help out the MA show up, it really brings it home! And tell Fi I LOVE her radio show, I heard the Reem thing and I miss Reem SO MUCH it was like I was present, listening to her in a crit or whatnot! And I'm sorry I haven't contributed to the show, I'm just not good with ideas! Sigh.

XXXX