Sunday, June 24, 2007

Part 2 Springwatch & Wildlife-mania

As I'm sure you all noticed that darn SpringWatch message boards & Webcams took over my life & I loved every minute of it - of course I had a few disagreements with people (see Sparrowhawk argument) but that's part & parcel of life. When it finished the msg boards closed down, the webcams were turned off & all of us (I met some cool people on there) had nowhere to go. Then along came 'Bird-Mania' or 'Wildlife-Mania' as it's just been renamed. Another wildlife forum & so I joined that & haven't been off it since, plus I've just been made a moderator so I have an excuse to be on there! Not only is it a forum but a website too with a gallery, articles on wildlife, news, blogs (yep, now my 4th blog), Travel, ecards & a shop - wildlife books, seed, dvds etc. Plus at the online SpringWatch party (yes, we had one of those, aren't we all sad?) I made a bit of a fool of myself as I was drinking in 'real life' & got a little worse for ware & apparently married Steve the creator of Wildlife-Mania & did the dance of the 7 voles!!! LOL Please, please, I'm not serious, it's all a joke, don't worry I'm not mixing reality with real life I promise, the marriage thing is just an online joke. So with my new job & my nickname 'Skylark' I'm very busy!!!!!!! ;):

Blue Tit
Then I took a lot more pictures for the message boards - least I got to know my Nikon D70



Greenfinch

Nuthatch - I was lucky to get this close




Great Spotted Woodpecker (female)

A baby cricket


A Speckled Yellow Moth

A Mottled Beauty Moth

A Buff Ermine Moth (male)

A Peach Blossom Moth

A Bloodvein Moth

A Privet Hawkmoth - 55mm & I aint joking! HUGE




A very drunk bee on a poppy

An empty dragonfly larva

A Damsel Fly

Our Ox Eye Daisies at the end of the garden, going off a bit now

Field opposite the cottage with Foxgloves


But now it's raining & it hasn't stopped

When the sun DOES come out it looks so green!

Flaming June? More like Flooding June!!!!!

Head for cover!!!!


& when there is a sunset it looks more like winter then summer!

I do feel sorry for the poor saps at Glastonbury - you'd never catch me there!
So back to Wildlife-Mania for me which when I last checked were having technical difficulties, let's hope it's been sorted out otherwise what do I do now? LOL

Emy xxx

No comments: