Monday, June 04, 2007

Birds Galore!!!!

I'm so obsessed with that darn Springwatch message board that I'm not getting any sleep. On week days it's open to 2am and then there's the addictive webcams - I'm in love with the farm barn owls, the jackdaws and the robin nest. I cannot get enough of it! Plus I've even got my beautiful Nikon D70 out with the telescopic lense to take pictures of the birds in my garden JUST to post up on the msg board - under my own thread 'Wildlife Photography' already got 124 posts from people and their photos! So here are my pictures I've taken today:


Blackbird

Male Chaffinch

Male Greenfinch

Nuthatch - a rarity!

2 male House Sparrows on what was the yellow oilseed rape

Male Swallow

Great Spotted Woodpecker

And Again!

Female Chaffinch

Goldfinch - a very shy bird

Great Tit - not so shy!

Male Greenfinch - the biggest I have ever seen!

Same big guy!

Male Chaffinch & Blue tit

Blue Tit

Male Chaffinch

Male Chaffinch in flight

Female Chaffinch

House Sparrow - living up to it's name, perched on roof

My Dad and I wrote out a list of every bird over the year that comes into our garden and it came to 53 species! Not bad for a little garden in Devon!

Now back to the msg board - and now suddenly 133 photos on my thread!!!!!

Night all,

Emy xxxxxxxx

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Emy,
Those pictures are BEAUTIFUL!
You take the best pictures. I love all the birds. It seems like all we get around here is Robins and little finches. It was great to see diffrent kinds and I am very impressed that you know what they are. I should start bird watching!
Lisa