Saturday, August 04, 2007

Here I Am - Just About!

It's been so long yet again! Everything is pretty mad right now.

First of all the weather has been appalling - only now the sun is back & Summer is beginning to feel like Summer. I've never seen rain quite like it. During the 3 weeks in Devon all it did was rain - not helpful if you have a jungle of a garden & you really have to cut it all back & the grass on the lawn was knee high!

Secondly I have been busy with various wildlife forums, since Springwatch, I haven't been off my laptop, it has to put it in a nutshell, taken over my life! The first forum closed down after a horrific massive argument in which I witnessed & don't want to get into. I have made so many good friends & my MSN list has increased quite rapidly! So now we've all gone to a second forum entitled Friend's of Nature - all FON for short, where I have been made a moderator as I was one in the previous set up & haven't looked back since.

Thirdly the house. We exchanged contracts last week & will be moving on 23rd of this month. So there's no turning back. Plus we may have found a house in Devon but I won't go into detail just in case it doesn't happen. Typical as the weather has got so nice & I'm stuck sorting out & packing!

This morning I woke up to the news that Foot & Mouth has been discovered on a farm in Guildford, Surrey. Oh my God - here we go again. 60 animals have been tested positive for the disease & so will have to be destroyed. All movements have been restricted. I really hope that they catch it now & don't let it spread. Some hopes. Here's a real test for Gordon Brown who hasn't had a good time of it since becoming PM.

Tonight I'm off to an 'almost 10 year school reunion' it's because of Facebook, so many people came out of the woodwork from school that a friend of mine decided to organise a reunion, even though it will be 10 years next year. I'm kind of glad it's happening as I won't be around next year to go.

So that's the news so far. Apart from all of that I've been trying to spend a few days visiting places in the South before I move permanently to the West, but time is running out fast. Oh well, I'm sure I'll have plenty of opportunity to come back as I have received many invites from various friends to come & stay with them & that's what I'll do.

Emy xxx - photos to come as there's been a distinct lack of them, which is a record for me!

No comments: